The University Language Centre (CLA) is a centre for language education services where students and administrative staff of the University of Perugia can study and improve their knowledge of the following languages: English, French, Spanish, Portuguese, German, Russian and Chinese. It further organizes courses of Italian language for international students participating in University Exchange Programmes and for international students enrolled at the University of Perugia.
The Italian language courses for Foreigners at CLA are held by highly qualified Italian teachers and are addressed to:
1. Students from international exchange programs (Erasmus, Erasmus Mundus, Overseas, etc.);
2. Foreign students enrolled at the University of Perugia (degree programs, Master’s and PhD programs): C1 level of Italian language required;
3. Foreign students who take single courses at the University of Perugia and other external users.
Intensive Language Courses an intensive Italian Language course will be offered to international students studying at the University of Perugia within an exchange mobility programme and to foreign students enrolled at the University of Perugia (who must have already reached a B2 Level of Italian Language).
The course consists of 60 hours (45 hours in class + 15 hours on line) to be completed in 3 weeks (at the beginning of September for the 1st Semester and at the beginning of February for the 2nd Semester).
Students completing and passing the course will receive a total of 4 ECTS (credits will be allotted if the student has attended 75% of the course hours).
Extensive Language Courses: the University Language Centre also organizes extensive 60-hour (45 hours in class + 15 hours on line) language courses during each of the two semesters of the Italian academic year. For this course, a fee is required (see below).
Italian Language for Beginners and Intermediate Students: these courses are addressed to foreign students who have not reached a B2 level of Italian language and thus cannot enrol at the University yet.
1. Intensive language courses: September and/ or February;
2. Courses of specialized language / Extensive language courses / Italian language for beginners and intermediate students: beginning
of October - end of December (first semester) and/or beginning of March - end of May (second semester).
1. Intensive language courses are free of charge for students enrolled at the University of Perugia and for international students studying at the University of Perugia within an exchange mobility programme
2. Extensive language courses:
€ 200,00 each semester (price for students who do not take part of any exchange mobility programme will be € 300,00).
3. Italian language
for beginners and intermediate students (external students):
€ 300,00 each semester.
The cost of living in Perugia is about € 700,00 per month.